<--(Yes, we will have milkshakes and smoothies, and yes, this means berries will get an overhaul)
So much time has passed since there have been updates, and new viewers continue to flood in! Thank you guys so much for all the faves and likes for the group's work on the fakemon!
To summarize in broad strokes where the project is, as of now:
- -The Pokedex for the Estelia Region is complete, though not all designs have been released. Our dex clocks in at 280+ unique Fakemon, quite an ambitious number!
- -All eight gym leaders have been designed, though not all designs have been released. The order is still in flux, but if you want types, just take a look at the badge designs (in the "Region" folder).
- -The cities are roughly hashed out, though the way they are arranged on a map is still in flux. Nodal maps are irritating when you have to fit in plot, Pokemon availability, and making sure the player never goes anywhere they aren't allowed to go.
- -The majority of icons and basic textures are done.
- -Currently, we're making a shoutout to old members of the design team. It's been a while since significant progress was made, but as spring and summer roll in, we're hoping to up the momentum again. Send DaybreakM a note IF you were part of the old team so we can add you to the Skype groupchat.
- -We've recently gotten two new members on the team:
is going to be posting updates on this blog, and will be writing large sections of the plot for Cinder-Foam. He'll also be balancing the stats of all the 280+ Fakemon, as someone with competitive playing experience.
is the author of the Nuzlocke Webcomic "Alterity". She'll be temporarily joining us to offer advice on developing the plot, and may be in for the long haul as a primary writer depending on how our schedules intersect. Go read her comic here on deviantART, or on her tumblr HERE!
- -The plot is coming along nicely. Just teasing you, but the plot of Cinder Foam is deceptively dark, despite all those cute designs DaybreakM and co. have been throwing at ya.
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd finally, Team CF asks YOU: (leave an answer in the comments!)
- -What would you guys prefer, two separate games that use the different legendaries, or should our game be similar to the third game of a generation, uniting all the legendaries in one plot, like with Emerald/Platinum?
- -We're scrapping the Poketch, and as of yet don't have a good replacement for it. Any names for a replacement technology?
- -Give us your thoughts on a more serious plot with a competent villainous Team! (They've even got a hacker who primarily works with virtual Porygon AI, against our player's more brute-force Rotom AI)
I'll leave you guys with this old but still relevant post of screenshots from development!